Sunday, June 12, 2011

My weekend at Pozo Azul.

I had a great time being a wilderness girl at Pozo Azul. My group and I stayed in a tienda de acamapar (aka a tent). It was a nice tent because it was a stationary tent and had a bathroom with a shower... PLUS I COULD FLUSH THE TISSUE. However, a tent is a tent no matter how you split it. It was an experience.

Saturday morning, we got up early to eat breakfast because our first activity was at 9:30 am. My first activity was canopy (ziplining). It was so fun. We ziplined through 12 treetop in the high trees of the rainforest. My second and favorite activity was the propelling which is when you go down the mountain using a rope. I made sure I was nice a strapped into my harness, the guide told me that he did not want to cut off the circulation to my thigh. I decided I was safe enough after he told me that. When I told my I was nervous he said that I will be okay because ¨The mountain was just about 100 feet.¨ I let him know that 100 feet is still very tall!

I also went rafting and that was super fun. We went with a guide named Aldimir! He was so silly. He was pretty much laughing at us the whole time. We did classes 2 to 5. I liked 5 the most. I could do that again. It was just the most amazing time ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment