Monday, June 6, 2011

Hola todos!

This is night numero dos en mi casa! Coming to Costa Rica seems surreal. I have never felt so lost, excited, nervous, and daring in my life. The first day was definitely overwhelming. I wanted to cry and fly back to my mommy! Everyone was talking at me in Spanish. It is so hard because I can be very shy when someone is talking to me in English. It is not easy trying to find the right words to express yourself when: a) you hardly know them, and b) you are being awkward anyway. I must say I feel a bit more comfortable than I was yesterday. I am trying so very hard to understand and speak in Spanish! At my school, the professors pretty much only speak in Spanish. This is more difficult for me to understand. I do not know why. Maybe because it is mainly educational. My brain rebels against it: ¨No mas!!¨

Costa Rica is so pretty. It is gorgeous. The town I am in is really a rough mix of urban and rural life. There are plenty of bakeries, shops, and restaurants; however, the sidewalks and streets are unpaved and rugged. There are so many different plants! Dogs are outside every house! Today a hummingbird flew into class! It is amazing!!

Mi familia es muy simpatico (My family is very nice). They are really trying to help me understand and speak in Spanish. I am also helping my madre de tica learn a bit of English. I live in a beautiful home and the food is MUY DELICIOSA! Mi familia makes sure that I am well fed, The food here is so much fresher than the food back home. I do not feel that bad for eating it, but I am thankful that I am walking a lot. They have so many different animals too! They have hens, dogs, a cat, rabbits, a iguana, and birds! The hens and bird intimidate me, but that is alright.

This is a very short post because not much has happened yet and I have not taken that many pictures, but I will update and post more pictures.


¡Adios!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I CANT BELIEVE U MADE IT BALI!!! IM SO PROUD OF U AND I WILL BE READING ALL YOUR POST AND KEEPING UP WITH YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete